2016 Summer Internship
Nidera, an international producer and trader of agricultural commodities, is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. We are privileged to reside in ‘The Rotterdam’, an architectural office designed by Rem Koolhaas. The Nidera Corporate Legal Team is a small but rather efficient international team of lawyers that work closely together, active on a global scale.
During the summer period, for at least 6 weeks during July and August, we can offer you a challenging time as a corporate paralegal while working in an international legal environment within the group’s legal department. You will be supporting the in-house lawyers and you are in contact with both internal and external parties throughout the group. At the end of the summer, you will have a strong sense of the legal awareness that is required within a commodity trading house and in-depth understanding of what it is like to work in our highly charged professional environment.
What experience can we offer you?
Your main responsibilities will consist of verifying compliance for all our legal entities, drafting of minutes and resolutions, director appointments and resignations, proxies,certificates, circulation of materials and reviews of and updates on corporate legal requirements. Furthermore, you would also ensure that our subsidiaries are properly organized, that the legal entity board of directors remains properly constituted, that the legal authorizations to act on behalf of the affiliates have been properly appointed and that our boards act in accordance with legal requirements and consistent with Group Company policies and that the annual obligations of the entities are carried out in a timely fashion.
Finally, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the corporate data of all our affiliates is properly submitted and catalogued in our web-based electronic database. As the role will operate with a certain degree of autonomy and will require skillful management of communication and relationships across our group, we invite individuals with a strong ability to act independently with self-direction.
We are in search of
• You are a University of Professional Education or Law School student in your second/third year;
• You hold a preference in working in an international demanding environment and have a clear interest in Corporate Law;
• You speak Dutch or English, Spanish or Chinese is nice to have;
• You can prove to be able to organize and clearly communicate;
• You have strong skills in Word, Excel and Lotus Notes;
• You hold a ‘can do’ mentality and have a positive attitude;
• You will be able to solve problems and seek for timely assistance when needed;
• You are independent but may easily be part of a team, and
• You can manage pressure and still be enthusiastic.
If you believe that we would definitely need to talk to you and you are able to join us during summer, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com and submit your resume accompanied by a short motivation. We will provide for a monthly remuneration in line with market practice as well as reimbursement of your daily travel costs.